You’re getting married and all the details of your big day are so important. You make time to visit the venue, to meet the coordinator, to do cake tastings, you may even meet the photographer or minister, etc….the list goes on, I feel ya! But let’s not forget about your makeup and hair trial. I like to think of it as a cake tasting or dress fitting. You’re not going to buy either without trying it first. Meeting with your stylist for a trial will help your wedding day run smoothly and reduce any unnecessary stress and anxiety.
What is a bridal trial?
A bridal trial is a scheduled appointment you make with your stylist prior to your wedding date. At the trial you and your stylist will discuss your vision and your inspirations of your entire look. Your stylist will give you any recommendations and then complete your makeup and hair with the agreed upon look.
Why is it important?
- Allows you to meet and get acquainted with your stylist prior to the wedding. It’s a great way to make sure you vibe with your stylist and to evaluate their skill and professionalism.
- Allows you to wear the look and make any changes beforehand. Maybe you want to go lighter on the eye shadow or maybe you decided you weren’t comfortable in an updo and want your hair down. A trial allows you to try things and make some changes PRIOR. You can also see how long the look will last and if your skin will have any reactions to the makeup.
- Ensures a smooth wedding day. This one is really important! All vendors are running on a strict timeline on the day of. Trying to discuss what you’d like on the day of and making changes can cause EVERYONE to run behind, causing a whole lot of stress and possibly money.
- Gives you a peace of mind. Knowing you are in great hands and that you will love the way you look on your big day will allow you to sleep at night.
- Allows you to discuss any important details and receive recommendations. This is a great time to fill your stylist in on any important details like timelines, any special family dynamics, etc.
Getting married in Hawaii? Need a Stylist? Inquire Here